The City of San Jose is planning a set of major changes to transform the Diridon area – now dominated by surface parking lots and car travel – into a lively, attractive urban place where most people move around by walking, bicycling, and public transit.
The changes include:
- Land use policies in the Diridon Station Area Plan that enable infill development with offices, homes, retail and entertainment
- A major mixed use development by Google
- Housing affordability policies that welcome people at all income levels and help prevent displacement
- Changes to streets and trails that encourage walking and bicycling and bus access to and through the area
- Car parking and transportation demand management policies that encourage a transportation mix where driving is a much smaller mix than today.
On Friday, November 13 at Noon, come join Friends of Caltrain and the City of San Jose to learn about these changes, ask questions, and share your feedback about transforming the Diridon area into a car-light place. Click here to RSVP.