Now there is a path forward for a Caltrain ballot measure, with a proposal for a Caltrain board resolution with a process to address the governance topics, decoupled from from the resolutions that advance and approve the ballot measure.
The next steps relating to getting the measure on the ballot are:
- The SFMTA board is scheduled to re-vote at a special meeting on Wednesday morning August 5 at 9am
- The SamTrans board will get a status report on the Caltrain tax at Wednesday’s board meeting at 2pm
- The Caltrain board will vote at its meeting on Thursday August 6 starting at 9am on the resolution relating to governance, and to approve the ballot measure. Caltrain’s actions will be contingent on the results of two more partner board votes…
- The VTA board will vote at its meeting on Thursday, August 6 starting 5:30pm to enable the ballot measure
- The San Francisco Board of Supervisors will vote at a special meeting on Friday with a time not yet published – we’ll keep you posted.
Thanks to everyone keeping your eyes on our region’s leaders and encouraging them to keep trains running and upgrading governance to enable a seamlessly integrated regional transit system.