In April and May, the California High-Speed Rail Authority will be hosting Community Open House meetings on the range of alternatives being considered for the segments from San Francisco to San Jose and San Jose through Merced. Â The meetings for each segment will be identical in format and content.
Some of the issues for review include:
* the vertical alignment for the approach to Diridon, and further south
* passing track options, includingÂ how they will affect service quality for Caltrain
* a train storage and maintenance yard proposed for Brisbane, and how it will affect land use plans in Brisbane
What other questions do you have? Feel free to share in comments.
The meetings will be held from 5:00 p.m. â€“ 8:00 p.m. with a formal presentation starting at 6:00 p.m.
- San Francisco â€“ Wednesday, April 5, 2017 â€“ Metropolitan Transportation Commission – 375 Beale Street, Yerba Buena Room, San Francisco
- Mountain View – Tuesday, April 11, 2017 â€“ Success Center – 875 West Maude Avenue, Unit 5, Mountain View
- San Mateo â€“ Thursday, April 13, 2017 â€“ Silicon Valley Community Foundation – 1300 South El Camino Real, Suite 100, San Mateo
The meetings from the section from Diridon to Gilroy are:
- Gilroy : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 â€“ I.F.D.E.S. Lodge-Portuguese Hall – 250 Old Gilroy Street, Gilroy
- San Jose: Thursday, April 20, 2017 â€“ Southside Community Center – 5585 Cottle Road, San Jose
- Los Banos: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 â€“ Los Banos Community Center – 645 7th Street, Los Banos, CA
- Morgan Hill: Â Monday, May 1, 2017 â€“ Morgan Hill Community & Cultural Center, 1700 Monterey Road, Morgan Hill
Here are flyers that can be shared:
San Francisco to San Jose
San Jose to Merced
If you have questions, the High Speed Rail staff to contact are: