This coming weekend and next, come join exciting, fun and informative Transit Month activities on the Caltrain corridor and around the region.
- Saturday, September 23, tour the new Caltrain electric trains in San Francisco between 10am and 2pm. The train tour in San Jose this summer drew 4,000 people – so please register if you’d like to see the trains without big lines.
- Saturday, September 23, for families with kids who love trains, join the All Aboard Peninsula event meeting up in Menlo Park or San Mateo for fun activities and a ride to see the new trains.
- Sunday, September 24, check out the wealth of plans for bus and bike improvements on El Camino Real, including some changes coming soon. Routes on the ECR tour visit Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Redwood City and South San Francisco – ending in a poster session in Redwood City Library at 2pm showing projects and plans all along the corridor.
- Thursday, September 28, San Jose Transit Happy Hour – Transit Stops Drunk Driving, at 5:30pm in San Pedro Square.
- Friday, September 29, All Aboard Transit CEOs Ride-Along and Happy Hour. Meet transit leaders from around the region on Friday afternoon riding Caltrain, SamTrans and VTA, and learn about improvements for a more rider-friendly, coordinated transit system. The event starts at 5 p.m. at the Palo Alto Caltrain Station/Transit Center. Click here for more information.
- And many more activities – geology, hiking, beaches – see the whole lineup of events around the bay.