Bay Area transportation is notoriously fragmented. On Wednesday, September 27, there are two forums in the afternoon and evening about major opportunities to improve regional and state transportation connections to make a whole greater than the sum of the parts.
Lunch in Oakland – State Rail Plan Unveiling
At 12:30 in Oakland, SPUR is hosting a public presentation of the California State Rail Plan. This new vision and plan vision for an integrated statewide rail network will set the stage for decades of improvements throughout California. Come hear from the plan’s authors, Chad Edison of the California State Transportation Agency and Kyle Gradinger of Caltrans about how this visionary document will change transportation across the state. SPUR Oakland office is at 1544 Broadway, Oakland.
Evening in Redwood City – Regional connections for the Dumbarton Corridor
At 7pm in Redwood City, Friends of Caltrain is co-sponsoring a community forum on the regional context SamTrans proposals to improve mobility across the Dumbarton corridor.
The forum will cover how the Dumbarton proposal could help improve regional transportation networks:
- Regional transit networks, including bus and rail, for local, transbay, and “megaregion” travel
- Regional express lanes to help support more regional transit and carpooling
- Regional networks for safe bicycling and walking, including bike commuting and trails connecting the hills and the bay
- Regional car trip reduction, with the potential for major congestion relief
- Regional land use and housing
The program includes:
Rachael Lopes, Peninsula Open Space District – regional trails
Emma Shlaes, Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition – regional bicycle networks
Ratna Amin, SPUR, Regional transportation and housing
Adina Levin, Friends of Caltrain – moderator
Wednesday, September 27, 7-9pm
Red Morton Community Center
1120 Roosevelt Ave, Redwood City
Click here to RSVP
Hope to see you there – please come and bring friends.